Sunday, December 12, 2010
Pappu soup/ parappu soup/Red gram lentil soup
This soup is easy to make.Last week was a bad week for me.I sustained an eye injury.This was followed by Sinusitis.When we suffer from respiratory infections we feel like having something hot.Just warm water will be soothing for the throat.I was cooking paruppu for sambar. It was at that time I wanted to have something warm.I usually boil red gram lentil with tomato, salt and turmeric powder for sambar.So it was easy for me to make this soup.
I just added 1/2 cup more to the usual red gram that I use for sambar.When the red gram and the tomato was cooked well, I took it in the soup bowl and mashed it with a spoon as it was already well cooked it was easy for me to mash.
After that I added salt and pepper powder according to my taste.Since I am lover of coconut oil, I added 1 spoon of coconut oil.The soup was ready.
You can add coriander leaves to garnish.I was in a hurry to have the soup warm so I forgot to add it.
Labels:
Soup
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

every sambhaar, rasam and well made kootu are my soups :)
ReplyDeleteLess spicy sambar and buttermilk is my soup and rasam is always a soup for my husband.
ReplyDelete